What’s supporting your sleep? Do you have enough energy to do what you desire to do in the day? Do you sleep well? Do you feel inspired? If not, your body/mind could be a little out of whack. The very root of all life has intelligence that sits in every cell, yogic philosophy calls it Prana, Chinese medicine calls it Qi, most major cultural traditions identify a “vital energy” running through everything seen and unseen, we will refer to it as life force.
Someone with open pathways of life force can quickly fight off disease, virus or bounce back after an injury, criticism or set back. They typically have good endurance, digestion, and immunity, as well as a clear state of mind. They sleep well, wake rested, and are able to complete their daily tasks.
If the person has depleted life force it manifests in not sleeping well, digestive issues, allergic, depression, stuck, cluttered and can be quite reactive to life’s experiences.
Supporting your body/mind the best environment to access and cultivate more life force so its innate intelligence can regulate good health is the best gift you can give to the personal vessel you get to experience life through.
Because life force is involved in all of the body’s processes, there are numerous ways you can support its optimum flow. Eating clean and fresh food, allowing your body/mind to rest, breath, meditation and exercise all support regulation and fluid flow of life force within all your body’s systems.
Toxic thoughts, toxic feelings and toxic relationships all destabilise life force, so checking in often as to what you are stuck to is a great way to be responsible for what you are doing to block its processing.
What’s supporting your sleep? Restless sleep also wreaks havoc on the organism of our body-mind and when the mind/body is busy, it is so hard to sleep. It’s tough when the brain is buzzing, late shifts and the to do’s that keep spinning in the mind/body. Forcing yourself to sleep puts more tension and the tension just triggers more of the buzz. This is where relaxing the body is key in allowing the mind to also tune into its best position for quality slumber.
So what does it take and how can you support your innate force?
- Sleep – when you allow your mind/body sleep, it brings your body to a state of harmony, it is where regeneration and rehabilitation take place, turns off the tunes of noise and attention and energy can go to support wellbeing. If there is resistance to sleep, calm your body, drink relaxing tea, take a bath, do a meditation by EYI which takes your attention to your body.
- Move your body, begin a practice like yoga or thai chi, these practices specifically move the more subtle and allow life force to flow, moving the sticky bits and cleansing the internal organs and pathways.
- Breath practice – One way to improve a qi deficiency is through conscious breathing. There are several different breathing exercises you can do to regulate life force. One method is belly breathing, also called abdominal breathing or diaphragmatic breathing. It can be done standing up or lying down.
- Take a slow, deep breath in through your nose
- As you breathe in, think of your belly expanding
- Let that breath enter your stomach, making your stomach full. Relax your abdominal muscles. (If you rest your hand on your stomach, you should feel it expand.)
- Exhale through your mouth.
- Meditate – moving out of the way of the constant thoughts allows life to move through you rather than being caught up in a feedback loop of constant chatter
- Get some acupuncture or massage
- Do things that make you smile, it’s energising, invigorating and homeostasis is found easy here
- De-toxify your life – clean thoughts, clean food and clean relationships.
- Your thoughts create a chemical response and if the thoughts create a stress response they trigger inflammation, any inflammation creates illness, blocking the life force from running freely
- High vibe fresh food, the majority of life force comes through the food you put in your mouth. Less they are processed the less you have to process
- Relationships that are toxic create an imbalance within the system, your emotional, psychological and physical responses all play out chemical responses, they all have a ripple, what are you saying yes to?
What’s supporting your sleep? Try our Sleep support guided meditation HERE
Photo Cred: Instagram @mandalaliving