How fit is your brain?® more than mindfulness; self care for teachers workshop (5PD) $392 or online bundle (12PD) $512
Pay in easy regular installments with Partial.ly. Find out more
This practical and online program bundle has been mapped to the Australian Standards of teaching. Standard descriptor 6.2.2. Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
This practical day workshop and easy online program offers self care tools and strategies to develop teachers, knowledge, skill sets and practices for emotional, mental and physical wellness.
NEXT WORKSHOP: Monday May 7, 2018 9.30am – 3.30pm at the Waverley Theatrette, Bondi Junction, Sydney
*Please note tickets are transferable but non refundable. Transfer fee of $85 applies.
Have your mind nurtured and nourished while you experience a self-care and self-awareness education like no other.
Completing How fit is your brain? more than mindfulness; self-care for teachers (workshop) will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. *Also applicable to S.A, QLD, TAS, ACT, NT and VIC Proficient Teachers.
EYI has a ‘no refund’ cancellation policy. The exception would be if the event had to be cancelled. Registration can be transferred from one person to another if required, with written notification to EYI of any changes.
AGREEMENT By subscribing to the Evolve Yourself Institute Pty Ltd site, products and programs, you hereby acknowledge, accept and agree to Evolve Yourself Institute Pty Ltd terms and conditions of use
Our purpose is to develop the skill sets and practices for emotional and physical wellness of the teacher, leading to supporting optimum education for students. This program offers practical tools and education for teachers, delivering a self care toolkit of mindfulness practices to improve resilience, productivity, communication, compassion, emotional intelligence and self responsibility. The result of this leads to improving emotional and physical wellness, stress management, happiness and job satisfaction.
Minimising stress symptoms, supports the ability for teachers to deliver learning that is engaging and valued. Teacher wellbeing supports effective operation at all stages of the teaching and learning cycle.
Education and practice of mindfulness leads to emotional/mental wellbeing and increased productivity in the workplace. Knowledge areas in the “EYI How fit is your brain for teachers” course include brain development and functioning, neuroscience of meditation, stress and body responses, meditation practice, What is mindfulness? How to meditate? Why meditation? Why the importance of reflection and self-regulation?
This program delivers generalist concepts around mindfulness and body functioning, supported by specialist knowledge in the areas of neuroscience and biochemistry.
Professional learning objectives:
Professional Learning objectives of the EYI “How fit is your brain?® more than mindfulness; self care for teachers” includes, but is not limited to:
- Understanding the impact of high stress
- Tools to relieve stress in and out of the classroom
- Developed self awareness for self regulation in times of pressure (Improved emotional intelligence)
- Tools to develop compassion, connection and communication
- Developed self care practices for ongoing growth, awareness and development
- Deeper understanding of self, emotions and body
- Meditation practice
- Mindfulness practice for continual growth
Teachers will develop:
- Knowledge and skills to support higher communication, connection and teacher engagement
- Learn practices to develop self regulation of emotional states (emotional intelligence)
- Develop reflection strategy to realise triggers of dis-ease and
- Develop practices to calm the central nervous system in stressful situations
- Expand personal perspectives
- Understand brain/body functioning
What you get:
- 5 week Education (7PD)
- 8 hour nurturing full day workshop (5PD)
- EYI System of Self (SOS) training manual ‘Discover Worlds Within’ by Marie Louise
- Day Work book
- Playful processing
- 60 minute Yoga session
- Breath Practice
- 7 downloadable meditations
- 7 day Planner
- Multi media delivery
- Certificate on completion for 12 PD Hours
- A healthy and mindful morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea
- Special rates for accomodation at the respective venues
- What does it take?
- Podcasts – listen to them in your car
- Playful video content – watch them at leisure
- Powerful 5 minute daily meditations – where ever, whenever
- Evolve through weekly reflections – your development matters
You will need:
To supply EYI with you 6 digit NESA accreditation number at checkout. Without this number EYI can not register your completion with NESA. If you are a teacher registered pre 2004 and do not yet have your NESA accreditation card please contact us directly.
Completing How fit is your brain? more than mindfulness; self-care for teachers (workshop) will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. *Also applicable to S.A, QLD, TAS, ACT, NT and VIC Proficient Teachers .
6.2.2. Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Online: Week 1
- How the brain is structured
- Why body awareness, neuroscience of brain and body?
- Practices and processes for higher brain functioning
- Self awareness practices?
- What is meditation, how and what?
- Why meditation?
Meditation – Body Express aka body awareness
- Neural to body pathways
- Patterns of behaviour and perception?
- How your environment affects your biochemistry
- Recognising limiting beliefs
- Unconscious patterns of limitation
Meditation – Creative Circuit aka Power of Creation
- What is mindfulness?
- What are emotions?
- Processing emotions
- Blocks in the body
- Self regulation through higher brain functioning
- Self awareness to self mastery
- Bringing it into practice?
- Feel and heal?
Meditation – Mind yoga – mindfulness
- Central Nervous system and the effects of your health
- Biochemical shifts with emotions
- External triggers and environmental stimulus. How does it affect your biochemistry?
- Health and wellness of a calm state
- How to override outdated patterns of behaviour
- How fear works on the brain
- Tools for a fully functioning central nervous system
- Why breath? A breath practice to calm the central nervous system
Meditation – Stretch and recover AKA healing
- 5 steps to continue growth
- Focus and its development on the brain to support higher brain functioning
- Health and wellness pyramid
- Putting it all together
Meditation – Podium power aka FOCUS
YOUR MIND MATTERS – TAP INTO YOUR CREATIVE MIND, ENLIVEN YOUR CURIOSITY AND SPARK SPONTANEITY TO EXPERIENCE A MORE FULFILLED LIFE. FINDING THE FUN IN LIVING AND LOVE OF LIFE IS MADE SIMPLE WITH TOOLS THAT WORK.
Some recent feed back:
“The EYI program was a great way to delve deeper into meditation and self understanding. Working with classes ranging from 10 year olds to 15 year olds I found the resources useful for educating myself, caring for myself and preparing me to better foster positive routines with my students. Simone McGill – TeacherMelbourne Victoria
“I feel refreshed and ready to take life on. I feel less guilty and am now inspired to change my patterns to continue to love and learn in all aspects of my life. I definitely feel more at ease now. Everyone especially teachers deserve this experience and knowledge. In school programs would be fantastic. Thank you for being such fun, caring, inspiring and wise ladies. You have changed my life.” Elizabeth O’Donnell Teacher NSW
“Thank you for a truly amazing day. I’ve loved every moment, I’m coming away with tools that will alleviate my suffering and old beliefs, for me to embrace my own greatness. ” Mary Mulchaly, Prince of Wales Educator
“Today has consolidated the importance of using breath, meditation and reflection to help me look after others at work and home. I now have practical and useful strategies that I can easily implement into my daily life. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.” Jodie Moore NSW Health Educator
“An amazing presentation and program by Marie and Kerrie at EYI. Switched on and with sophisticated knowledge of current research and trends in mind body evolution, this team does not disappoint. Thank you for giving us the tools to use effectively every day to help us truly engage with intelligence and mindfulness in our interpersonal relationships, the workplace and with a collective consciousness.” Kay Schubach, Heart Foundation Philanthropy Executive, Major Gifts
SUNSHINE COAST OCTOBER Sunday 22, BRISBANE MONDAY OCTOBER Monday 23, GOLD COAST OCTOBER Wednesday 25