How fit is your brain?® more than mindfulness; self care for teachers DAY WORKSHOP NSW (5 PD HOURS)
This program has been mapped to the Australian Standards of teaching. Standard descriptor 6.2.2. Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
Develop your knowledge, skill sets and practices for emotional and physical wellness. Learn tools, strategies and concepts to prevent anxiety, stress, depression and illness. The program delivers generalist concepts around mindfulness and body functioning, supported by specialist knowledge in the areas of neuroscience and biochemistry.
NEXT WORKSHOP: Thursday November 26, 2018 9 -3pm Club York (Formerly York Function Centre) Level 2 99 York St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Completing How fit is your brain? more than mindfulness; self-care for teachers (workshop) will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
EYI has a ‘no refund’ cancellation policy. The exception would be if the event had to be cancelled. Registration can be transferred from one person to another if required, with written notification to EYI of any changes. A transfer of date will incur an $85 transfer fee.
AGREEMENT By subscribing to the Evolve Yourself Institute Pty Ltd site, products and programs, you hereby acknowledge, accept and agree to Evolve Yourself Institute Pty Ltd terms and conditions of use.
Our purpose is to develop teachers knowledge, skill sets and practices for emotional and physical wellness. The How fit is your brain?® more than mindfulness; self care for teachers day workshop offers tools, strategies and concepts to prevent anxiety, stress, depression and illness. Supporting a time compressed and overcrowded curriculum to develop overall wellbeing of students and teachers. Most gained for least pain.
The purpose of this practical one day workshop is to provide an introduction into mindfulness and self-awareness practices, offering a deep understanding as to why you would want to embrace the practices. Participants will gain insight into the EYI education, activations and practices inclusive of meditation and breath. This workshop is practical based and utilises an engaging multimedia delivery for skill development, in a language that is today.
Education and practice of mindfulness leads to decreased mental health and increased productivity in the workplace. Knowledge areas in the program include brain development and functioning, neuroscience of meditation, stress and body responses, meditation practice, What is mindfulness? How to meditate? Why meditation? Why the importance of reflection and self-regulation?
- Develop knowledge and skills to support higher communication, connection and teacher engagement
- Learn practices to develop self regulation of emotional states (emotional intelligence)
- Develop reflection strategy to realise triggers of dis-ease and
- Develop practices to calm the central nervous system in stressful situations
- Accrue PD Hours. Completing How fit is your brain?® more than mindfulness; self care for teachers (workshop) will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. *Also applicable to S.A, QLD, TAS, ACT, NT and VIC Proficient Teachers .
Excessive stress has a significant impact on wellbeing and quality of life and is a major health issue in society today. Work-related stress is on the increase and is a growing challenge for health care workers, teachers, service providers, managers, organisation’s and the community generally. Unmanaged stress is known to have a detrimental effect on staff wellbeing, with increased absenteeism, staff turnover, and reduced performance, all of which affect working relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- How to minimise stress symptoms and improve overall wellbeing with mindfulness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Development of higher brain functioning for self-regulation
- Improved communication skills and empathy with patients
- Practices to support the management of a variety of conditions such as anxiety and depression
What you get:
- EYI System of Self (SOS) training manual ‘Discover Worlds Within’ by Marie Louise
- Day Work book
- Playful processing
- 60 minute Yoga session
- Breath Practice
- 7 downloadable meditations
- Multi media delivery
- Certificate on completion for 5 PD points
- A healthy and mindful morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea
- Special rates for accomodation at the respective venues
You will need:
To supply EYI with you 6 digit NESA accreditation number at registration. Without this number EYI can not register your attendance.
Some recent feedback:
“The EYI program was a great way to delve deeper into meditation and self understanding. Working with classes ranging from 10 year olds to 15 year olds I found the resources useful for educating myself, caring for myself and preparing me to better foster positive routines with my students. Simone McGill – Teacher Melbourne Victoria
“I feel refreshed and ready to take life on. I feel less guilty and am now inspired to change my patterns to continue to love and learn in all aspects of my life. I definitely feel more at ease now. Everyone especially teachers deserve this experience and knowledge. In school programs would be fantastic. Thank you for being such fun, caring, inspiring and wise ladies. You have changed my life.” Elizabeth O’Donnell Teacher NSW
“Thank you for a truly amazing day. I’ve loved every moment, I’m coming away with tools that will alleviate my suffering and old beliefs, for me to embrace my own greatness. ” Mary Mulchaly, Prince of Wales Educator
“Today has consolidated the importance of using breath, meditation and reflection to help me look after others at work and home. I now have practical and useful strategies that I can easily implement into my daily life. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.” Jodie Moore NSW Health Educator
“An amazing presentation and program by Marie and Kerrie at EYI. Switched on and with sophisticated knowledge of current research and trends in mind body evolution, this team does not disappoint. Thank you for giving us the tools to use effectively every day to help us truly engage with intelligence and mindfulness in our interpersonal relationships, the workplace and with a collective consciousness.” Kay Schubach, Heart Foundation Philanthropy Executive, Major Gifts
Wellbeing programs provide an excellent return of investment…
* Decrease sick leave absenteeism by 25.3% * Decrease workers compensation costs by 40.7% * Decrease disability management costs by 24.2% and Save $5.81 for every $1 invested in employee health and wellbeing
Source: Australian Government www.comcare.gov.au Benefits_to_business_the_evidence_for_investing_in_worker_health_and_wellbeing_PDF,_89.4_KB.pdf
Completing How fit is your brain? more than mindfulness; self-care for teachers (workshop) will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. *PD hours can also be claimed by teachers S.A, QLD, TAS, ACT, NT and VIC.
MONDAY MAY 21, 2018