How fit is your brain?® CPD workshop for Nurses and Midwives Perth (8 CPD)
Pay in easy regular instalments with Partial.ly. Find out more
- PERTH MONDAY October 21st, 2019, 9AM – 5PM, Mercure Perth 10 Irwin Street, Perth W.A
*Please note tickets are transferable but non refundable. Transfer fee of $85 applies.
“This workshop is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 8 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.”
Australian College of Midwives CPD Recognised Activity
Our purpose is to develop nurses knowledge, skill sets and practices for emotional and physical wellness. The How fit is your brain?® nurses and midwives day workshop offers tools, strategies and concepts to prevent anxiety, stress, depression and illness.
The purpose of this practical one day workshop is to provide an introduction into mindfulness and self-awareness practices, offering a deep understanding as to why you would want to embrace the practices. Participants will gain insight into the EYI education, activations and practices inclusive of meditation and breath. This workshop is practical based and utilises an engaging multimedia delivery for skill development, in a language that is today.
Develop your resilience, productivity, EQ, communication, compassion, happiness and job satisfaction.
Excessive stress has a significant impact on wellbeing and quality of life and is a major health issue in society today. Work-related stress is on the increase and is a growing challenge for health care workers, teachers, service providers, managers, organisation’s and the community generally. Unmanaged stress is known to have a detrimental effect on staff wellbeing, with increased absenteeism, staff turnover, and reduced performance, all of which affect working relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- How to minimise stress symptoms and improve overall wellbeing with mindfulness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Development of higher brain functioning for self-regulation
- Improved communication skills and empathy with patients
- Practices to support the management of a variety of conditions such as anxiety and depression
What you get:
- EYI System of Self (SOS) training manual ‘Discover Worlds Within’ by Marie Louise
- Day Work book
- Playful processing
- 60 minute Yoga session
- Breath Practice
- 7 downloadable meditations
- Multi media delivery
- Certificate on completion for 8 CPD points
- A healthy and mindful morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea
- Special rates for accomodation at the respective venues
Some recent feedback:
“Thank you for a truly amazing day. I’ve loved every moment, I’m coming away with tools that will alleviate my suffering and old beliefs, for me to embrace my own greatness. ” Mary Mulchaly, Prince of Wales Nurse Educator
“Today has consolidated the importance of using breath, meditation and reflection to help me look after others at work and home. I now have practical and useful strategies that I can easily implement into my daily life. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.” Jodie Moore NSW Health Nurse Educator
“An amazing presentation and program by Marie and Kerrie at EYI. Switched on and with sophisticated knowledge of current research and trends in mind body evolution, this team does not disappoint. Thank you for giving us the tools to use effectively every day to help us truly engage with intelligence and mindfulness in our interpersonal relationships, the workplace and with a collective consciousness.” Kay Schubach, Heart Foundation Philanthropy Executive, Major Gifts
Wellbeing programs provide an excellent return of investment…
* Decrease sick leave absenteeism by 25.3% * Decrease workers compensation costs by 40.7% * Decrease disability management costs by 24.2% and Save $5.81 for every $1 invested in employee health and wellbeing
Source: Australian Government www.comcare.gov.au Benefits_to_business_the_evidence_for_investing_in_worker_health_and_wellbeing_PDF,_89.4_KB.pdf
SUNSHINE COAST OCTOBER Sunday 22, BRISBANE MONDAY OCTOBER Monday 23, GOLD COAST OCTOBER Wednesday 25