‘Heart hunches’, ‘gut feelings’ and ‘just knowing’ are things we say every day. What was once considered simply as expressions used to describe our intuition, is now growing in scientific fields suggesting that the heart actually does play a role in how we process information. Not only that, there are studies that are confirming that this is something everyone can further develop. To many, this doesn’t seem logical, but remember that logic and reason are the tools of a developed mind – the deeper knowing ‘just is’. Published research conducted by the HeartMath Institute shows that the heart receives intuitive information before the brain by a second or slightly more – this is known as non localised knowing.*
Beyond the constructs of design of your mind, the frames in which we see from the developed neural to body pathways, there are trillions of bits of information being received every millisecond. Developing the practice to dive into the field of deeper awareness, presence, lifts the voice of hearing those beats of understanding.
When your mind, body and heart have full alignment, the synchronicities of life, the flow of form and the experience can unfold in the best possible way. The magnetic field of the heart has the pull to outperform any thought. Learning skillsets to develop the hearing is when you become the ear necessary to hear such a voice. Whether it is happiness, family, a business at startup, an industry of millions or a personal passion for a life lived, taking responsibility for your ability to respond to that song, is where tunes of harmony rise.
What voice do you listen to? For me, I have heard the multiple sounds of confusion, self-doubt, fear, lots of reasons why I should, why I shouldn’t – which have all stopped me in my tracks and next thing you know I have proved myself right and inaction became my reality. What rose out of constant inaction, doubt and debilitating fear, became unfulfilled life experience, depression and lack of life’s desire.
So what happened?
My life truck crashed. Listening to more of my heart was my only option, which in the hearing, then became my navigation to integrate. When that deeper voice rises there is no other sound that compares.. My question to you is: are you going to wait for a life truck to develop your deeper ear, or will you begin the practices and skillsets of listening to your heart now?
Practices and processes for heart hearing
- Take on a meditation and mindfulness practice – meditation allows for the constructs of neural to body pathways to fall away and the ocean of newness is seen.
- Feel your body more, using your body as the tool or instrument to listen is a gem. Reconnecting to body awareness allows the windows of deeper – non localised information to be heard.
- When making a decision, write your list – pro’s and con’s, then throw the list away – Feel your body and listen to what your heart says.
- Too often what we fear most is where we grow into a greater sense of autonomy. Say ‘YES’ to where you resist life.
- Trust, whatever decision you make is the perfect decision.
- Ask yourself, is what I say, what I do and what I think in alignment. If it isn’t, you are creating dis-ease within. Align these and authenticity of heart shines.
- Question your patterns of behaviour, are you just doing what you know because it is comfortable? Jump outside your comfort, more often
- What really brings the light in your eyes, play in that more often.
Have fun in the play. Marie Louise
Join me in the next global challenge so you have more power in listening and creating heart coherence. Come and play with EYI at https://www.vimify.com/app/discover/grouphow-fit-is-your-brain
1. The heart’s magnetic field, which is the strongest rhythmic field produced by the human body, not only envelops every cell of the body, but also extends out in all directions into the space around us. The heart’s magnetic field can be measured several feet away from the body by sensitive magnetometers. Research conducted at HMI suggests the heart’s field is an important carrier of information.